Friday, August 03, 2012

FURminator Review

FURminator-200
 The FURminator deShedding Tool with FURejector quickly and easily removes (it doesn't cut, it removes) the loose, dead, undercoat hair that's the underlying source of a pet owner's major complaint - shedding and the allergies and cleanliness problems associated with it. The tool's uniquely designed stainless steel edge grabs loose undercoat hair and harmlessly removes it without damaging the topcoat. Now with a quick, convenient way to empty the collected fur from the shedding blade.
 ------------------------

  I recently received the FURminator 

Medium Dog Short Hair deShedding Tool 

 

and the

My FURst® Groomer - For Kittens

 

Before I tried the FURminator on Titan, I have to admit I was skeptical. I had heard of the FURminator, but never knew you could use it on short haired dogs! I really only thought they would be useful for thick coats, or long haired dogs. Titan is a Boston terrier, and although he has a very short coat, he still sheds. He sheds A LOT! I am constantly sweeping and vacuuming up his hair.
I have been using  the FURminator for a few weeks now. I brush him once a week with the FURminator tool and I am happy to say that it has significantly cut down on the amount of Titan's shedding. It has made a HUGE difference.

I wish the before and after shots showed just how dramatic his coat looked afterwards. It's really hard to show on his coat. Let me just say that I removed a TON of hair the first time I used the FURminator.

Here's Titan-

He approves of the FURminator. I think he must have felt better after I removed all that shedding hair.

Some quick points I want to make clear-

  • The FURminator does NOT cut, or trim hair. It simply removes the loose hair or undercoat of the Pet. 
  • You won't damage your pets coat or cut the skin. 
  • You can find a FURminator for any of your pets. Long coat, short coat, big dog, little kitten, rabbits, etc.
  • FURminator also has a line of grooming products. If you combine those with the regular use of the FURminator, you will get the best results.
 
 Libby is still a kitten, so she doesn't need a deshedding tool. I was sent the FURst Groomer for kittens. It comes with an interchangeable slicker brush and comb attachment. It's important to start grooming early so that you don't have a 2 year old cat with a matted coat clawing you to bits every time you get the brush out! lol.
 
Here's Libby after being combed. She's so fluffy!
 
 
 
Once her adult coat comes in (around 8 months to 1 year) I will get her a FURminator for cats.

Check out FURminator on Facebook.
You can see just how much the customers love the FURminator.
It's a great product and it's Libby and Titan approved!
 
 
----------------------------------
 
FEATURED PET


 Tino
 Tino is a handsome grey tabby Maine Coon mix with a gentlemans manner. He seems reserved at first, but soon he will cozy up to you for a little petting and chin scratching. After that, he will follow you everywhere! His tail is so bushy you could use it as a feather duster. Hmmwith a little training, perhaps Tino will come clean your house!

This kitty is altered, up to date on vaccinations, dewormed, microchipped and is negative for feline leukemia and FIV. The dog daze special adoption fee is $50. A 2-week trial period ensures you've found the perfect pet.



1 comment:

MikiHope said...

I won one of these for my cat! They really work and she even likes it!!